The Bulldog Run
On Sunday, April 6th, 2014 @ 2:00 PM, the PittCC Alumni Association is sponsoring 3 race events to benefit scholarships and educational activities. With a 5K Run starting at 2 PM, 1 Mile Family Fun Run / Walk starting shortly after, and a Kids Dash at around 2:45 PM, everyone can join the fun! All participants are invited to join our post-race party and awards ceremony with great prizes and refreshments.
Participants may pre-register or register on race day. All pre-registered participants are guaranteed a t-shirt.
There will also be some kids activities too, so be part of PCC history!
Come run with the DAWGS!
This course on Pitt Community College campus is USATF-certified
Proceeds will benefit student scholarships and other educational activities.
Past Race Results
- Ashley Dews Smith, MPA
- Alumni Relations Director
- Institutional Advancement
- Pitt Community College
When and where
- Sunday, April 6th @ 2PM
- Pitt Community College Campus
- Starting and finish lines are both at Lewis Field House
- Race-day registration open from 12:30-1:30pm
- 5K Run begins at 2pm
- 1 Mile Fun Run / Walk begins immediately after the 5K Run.
- Kids Dash (10-under) begins around 2:45pm
- Races run through the Pitt Community College Campus, Winterville, NC
- All races are on flat pavement
- 5K Run is USATF-certified
Prizes will be supplied by local businesses.
|15 & under||40-49|
|30-39||70 & over|
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 male & female overall winners and to the top 3 male and female winners in each age group.
Children 10 and under may participate in the Kids Dash and the activity stations that will be provided.
Timing & Results
Chip scoring provided by Run the East. All runners must wear chip at all times and return at the end of the race. All runners who do not return chip will be assessed a $5 fee.
- Before April 1: $20
- On April 1 through race day: $25
1 Mile Fun Run / Walk
- Before April 1: $10
- On April 1 through race day: $15
For the safety of all the runners and fun run participants, we must prohibit:
- Roller Skates
- All other wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs)
- Pets are also NOT permitted.
- We also consider the use of headphones in running events to be a safety hazard, we advise that headphones/earbuds not be worn during the Bulldog Run.
Individuals under 18 need parent/guardian permission.